So I’ve posted this in different forms twice before but this time I will post it as cleanly as possible and ask the sincere question: "How do you explain this?” Try to read it without a political bent or the hysteria that surrounds COVID; pretend COVID doesn’t exist and just read the sentences as an exercise of pure logic. Logic being defined as something like “The study of truths based completely on the meanings of the terms they contain.” I cannot find a way to read the following statements, and as a rational human being justify the first six with the seventh. The only conclusion I can come to is that “The Emperor Has No Clothes”. As that is the case, I can only conclude that the individual who CAN justify the seventh statement is irrational, but I am open to the possibility that I am wrong. If you are a rabid pro-vaxxer and you read these statements and cannot logically justify them, then it seems to me you MUST change your position. I’m not saying you have to become a rabid anti-vaxxer, but it seems to me the least you should do is stop demonizing those who don’t want to get vaxxed, stop blaming them for putting you “at risk” and living your life in fear of them, and get on with life as usual. And maybe realize that everything you think you "know" about COVID may not be true. I am not interested in the vagaries as to why you think it’s important to be vaccinated, that is immaterial to this question. I acknowledge (although do not understand) the almost religious fervor with which many have put “faith” in the vaccines to save us all, but for this exercise your opinion doesn’t matter. I am interested in a purely rational, unemotional, sane explanation based in logic and I am truly curious how one gets there.
- Vaccines provide STRONG PROTECTION for the vaccinated
- I want to emphasize that the vaccines provide VERY STRONG PROTECTION from Covid-19
- The WORLD’S LEADING SCIENTISTS CONFIRM that if you’re fully vaccinated, your risk of severe illness from Covid-19 is VERY LOW
- THESE ARE FACTS
- The SCIENCE MAKES CLEAR, if you’re fully vaccinated, you’re HIGHLY PROTECTED from severe illness even if you get Covid-19
- YOU’RE AS SAFE AS POSSIBLE
- THE BOTTOM LINE: WE’RE GOING TO PROTECT VACCINATED WORKERS FROM UNVACCINATED CO-WORKERS.”